Symptoms of Anxiety Disorder
By understanding the symptoms of anxiety disorder, you will have a better understanding as to how to cope with it. Becoming aware of a problem is the first step in overcoming it.
“Ultimately, we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom.” Marilyn Ferguson
For help with understanding the differences between fear and anxiety and for definitions of these emotions, have a look at the first few paragraphs of List of Fears. Go to What Causes Fear to discover its origins and to Overcoming Fear for the tools to deal with it.
The sources for this information on panic attack are professionals in their fields. In some cases the material comes from people who have studied and developed successful and respected self help programs based upon their own personal challenges with anxiety disorder and phobias. I also write from my own personal experiences.
Have a look at Anxiety Disorder for more information. For support with anxiety see Help for Anxiety.
Symptoms of Anxiety DisorderThe symptoms of anxiety disorder are similar to panic attack.
More Symptoms of Anxiety DisorderIn addition to frequent, hard to control worry, anxiety disorder has at least three of the following six symptoms present frequently over the last six months.
You will likely be diagnosed with anxiety disorder if your worry and symptoms of anxiety cause you a great deal of distress and/or interfere with your family and social life and your career.
Although you might despair if you have this condition, getting help for anxiety is possible. With the right strategies and your willingness to alter your thinking and lifestyle, you will succeed in overcoming this condition.
1. The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook by Edmund J. Bourne, Ph.D.
2. Managing Your Mind: The Mental Fitness Guide by Gillian Butler Ph.D. and Tony Hope Ph.D.
3. From Panic to Power: Proven Techniques to Calm Your Anxieties, Conquer Your Fears, and Put You in Control of Your Life by Lucinda Bassett. Bassett is a former sufferer of anxiety, agoraphobia, panic attacks and depression. She is president of The Midwest Center for Stress and Anxiety.
4. Free Yourself From Fear: Self Hypnosis For Anxiety, Panic Attacks and Phobias by Valerie Austin. Austin is an internationally renowned English hypnotherapist, trainer, lecturer, author and journalist.
5. 101 Exercises for the Soul: Simple Practices for a Healthy Body, Mind and Spirit by Dr. Bernie S. Siegel
6. Overcoming Anxiety For Dummies by Charles H. Elliott Ph.D. and Laura L. Smith Ph.D.
Go from Symptoms of Anxiety Disorder to Anxiety Disorder
Go to Self Esteem Home Page
This material is for your personal use only.