"You need to claim the events of your life to make yourself yours. When you truly possess all you have been and done, which may take some time, you are fierce with reality."
Florida Scott Maxwell
Raise your self esteem with these journal writing prompts about ideas. If you like problem solving, thinking about ethical and social issues or philosophizing about life, these prompts are for you.
1. How do you feel about using humans in medical research?
2. What's the first step you can take to making a difference in the world today? Would you try to feed the hungry, improve the environment, promote peace? How would you start?
3. In your opinion, is Global Warming real? If so what is causing it? If not why is everyone so hyped up about it?
4. How would you go about 'saving the world'? What do those words mean to you? How long would it take? Where would you start?
5. What does death teach us about life?
6. Why is it important to be genuine?
7. Why do you think wars exist in the world?8. Is speech always free? When and where might it not be free?
9. Put yourself in Anne Frank's place how would you have survived?
10. If you witnessed a fight at school would you report it?
11. How do you imagine humans would move to Mars in the event of world-wide catastrophe?
12. If you were the ruler of the planet, how would you handle space exploration?
13. What is the best way to educate the world on lead and how it affects people, just one person at a time?
14. Do you actively change your habits and behaviors to help the environment? What kinds of things do you do?
15. What is your opinion about people who take advantage of others?
16. What effects does watching violence have on people?
17. What effects do cigarette and alcohol advertising have on young people?
18. Why do you think prejudice exists in the world?
19. Why is it important to be honest?
20. What is your opinion about the amount of violence on T.V.?
21. What is your opinion of people polluting the environment?
22. What is your opinion of having set rules for people to follow?
23. What is your opinion of people who are inconsiderate of others?
24. Why would a Prime Minister have a sign on his desk which read, "The buck stops here"?
25. Why do you think tact is an important quality?
26. Why is it not wise to squander your money?
27. Why do you think some people encourage others to smoke/drink?
28. Why do you think the rules you must follow are good or bad?
29. Why would it be good to be honest?
30. Does it bother you to be around someone who has bad manners?
31. Should there be a dress code in places such as school, restaurants, and places of business? Why or why not?
32. Should animals be used for medical research?
33. Should people be prohibited from smoking in certain places?
34. What situation has caused you to confront your ethics recently?
35. How do you feel about politicians openly sharing their religious beliefs?
36. What characteristics or personality traits are most important to you in a politician?
37. Who is your ideal presidential candidate?
318. What is a cause that is very important to you?
319. What does Canada mean to you?
40. What are you political views? Are you a liberal? republican? libertarian? … Why?
41. Who has more power the government or the people?
42. Do you believe in God? Why or why not?
Writing will help you make more effective decisions because you will understand your values more fully. Confidence and self esteem come from knowing and believing in yourself. Enjoy the journey. It's a sacred one.
After you have used these prompts about ideas, you will notice that you are observing life and people differently.
Keep a note pad with you, or if you have a long commute on public transportation, take your journal. You'll be surprised at how your views and thoughts have deepened.
For more journal writing prompts to deepen your self knowledge and increase self esteem have a look at —
Prompts About Childhood
Prompts About Friendship
Reflective Journal Writing
Journal Writing Prompts
These prompts about ideas will help you create others of your own. Quotations generate lots of ideas for journal writing. Have a look at Self Esteem Quotes